For the safety of our school community, South Middle will again follow the LCSD Clear Bag Policy for all events. Also, remember everyone will be scanned with a metal detector prior to admittance.
2023-2024 School Year Dress Code
● Per the Lancaster County School Board approval, all middle schools within the district do not require school uniforms. We do still have a dress code that must be followed. Please keep this information in mind while shopping for school clothes.
○ No offensive or inappropriate images, advertisements, or sayings should appear on clothing.
○ All Shirts must have sleeves.
○ Shorts should be mid-thigh or lower.
○ Belly shirts or shirts where the midriff is exposed should not be worn at school. (If a student raises their arms above their heads, their midriff should not show)
○ Students may wear pants or shorts but there can be no holes above the knee.
○ If your child has Physical Education Class, they are expected to bring the appropriate shoes for physical participation in the form of tennis shoes or sneakers.
○ Slides and Flip-Flops are not appropriate for school.
○ Hoods, hats, and other head coverings are not to be on a student's head inside of the school building. This is for security purposes so that we are able to identify all persons.
○ Leggings, yoga pants, or shorts of similar make are not to be worn unless they are under a skirt.
○ Pants must be worn at the waist
○ Bandanas should not be worn or shown
○ Pajamas and bedroom shoes and similar types of clothing are not allowed at school.
Angela Vaughan, Coordinator
Angela.Vaughan@lcsd.k12.sc.us Lancaster County School District300 S. Catawba St.Lancaster, SC 29720(803) 286-6972Fax: 803-416-8866