The Returning Student Registration 2022-2023 is open. Parents can login to their parent portal account at lancastercsd.powerschool.com/public and select the icon located at the bottom left and update information for each child currently enrolled.
Registration must be updated using a computer instead of a mobile device.
Lancaster Area School Hours of Operation
Elementary schools - 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Middle Schools - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
LHS, AJHS. BHS - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Indian Land Intermediate - 8:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
ILHS - 9:10 a.m to 4:10 p.m.
2022-2023 School Year Dress Code
● The official school day starts at 8:30 a.m. and dismisses at 3:30 p.m. Students who arrive after 8:30 a.m. must be brought into the office by a parent or guardian and signed in. They will be considered tardy.
● Per the Lancaster County School Board approval, all middle schools within the district no longer require school uniforms. We do still have a dress code that must be followed. Please keep this information in mind while shopping for school clothes.
○ No offensive or inappropriate images, advertisements, or sayings should appear on clothing.
○ All Shirts must have sleeves.
○ Shorts should be mid-thigh or lower.
○ Belly shirts or shirts where the midriff is exposed should not be worn at school. (If a student raises their arms above their heads, their midriff should not show)
○ No holes in their jeans or pants that are above the knee where skin is visible.
○ If your child has Physical Education Class, they are expected to bring the appropriate shoes for physical participation in the form of tennis shoes or sneakers.
○ Slides and Flip-Flops are not appropriate for school.
○ Hoods, hats, and other head coverings are not to be on a student's head inside of the school building. This is for security purposes so that we are able to identify all persons.
○ Leggings, yoga pants, or shorts of similar make are not to be worn unless they are under a skirt.
○ Pants must be worn at the waist
○ Bandanas should not be worn or shown
○ Pajamas and bedroom shoes and similar types of clothing are not appropriate for school
Our Deepest Thanks
South Middle School would like to recognize local businesses and individuals who show concern and support for public education and the students and staff of South Middle School.
Angela Vaughan, Coordinator
Angela.Vaughan@lcsd.k12.sc.us Lancaster County School District300 S. Catawba St.Lancaster, SC 29720(803) 286-6972Fax: 803-416-8866