Picture makeup day for individuals will be Thursday, October 14, 2021.
Below are the links to the COVID-19 Response Forms that must be filled out if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms and then the form to request to return to school.
Note: You MUST fill out both forms– the first when you need to be out, and the second when you are ready to get permission to return.
2021-2022 School Year Dress Code
● The official school day starts at 8:30 a.m. and dismisses at 3:30 p.m. Students who arrive after 8:30 a.m. must be brought into the office by a parent or guardian and signed in. They will be considered tardy.
Dress Code for 2021-21
● Per the Lancaster County School Board approval, all middle schools within the district no longer require school uniforms. We do still have a dress code that must be followed. Please keep this information in mind while shopping for school clothes.
○ No offensive or inappropriate images, advertisements, or sayings should appear on clothing.
○ All Shirts must have sleeves.
○ Shorts should be mid-thigh or lower.
○ Belly shirts or shirts where the midriff is exposed should not be worn at school. (If a student raises their arms above their heads, their midriff should not show)
○ No holes in their jeans or pants that are above the knee where skin is visible.
○ If your child has Physical Education Class, they are expected to bring the appropriate shoes for physical participation in the form of tennis shoes or sneakers.
○ Slides and Flip-Flops are not appropriate for school.
○ Hoods, hats, and other head coverings are not to be on a student's head inside of the school building. This is for security purposes so that we are able to identify
○ Leggins are not to be worn unless they are under a skirt.
○ Pants must be worn at the waist
○ Bandanas should not be worn or shown
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
David Sweem, Principal
South Middle School
Lancaster Area School Hours of Operation
Elementary schools - 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Middle Schools - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
LHS, AJHS. BHS - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Indian Land Intermediate - 8:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
ILHS - 9:10 a.m to 4:10 p.m.
Hi! Join me in earning money for our school by using the Box Tops app. It’s an easy way to make a difference. Plus, use my referral code X67E3Q8U when you sign up and you’ll get 20 Bonus Box Tops when you scan your first receipt now through 05/29/2022, while supplies last. Use the link below to download the Box Tops app: https://btfe.smart.link/c2jjdifkw?referral_code=X67E3Q8U
Our Deepest Thanks
South Middle School would like to recognize local businesses and individuals who show concern and support for public education and the students and staff of South Middle School.
Homeplace Bed & Breakfast
Mary Beth Rowell
Rich Hill Farms
Cheerful Moments Photography
Angela Vaughan, Coordinator
Angela.Vaughan@lcsd.k12.sc.us Lancaster County School District300 S. Catawba St.Lancaster, SC 29720(803) 286-6972Fax: 803-416-8866